Friday, October 24, 2014

Barn Lot Quilt Series……Progress



Barn Lot Quilt #2



The rusted background is all pieced now

and back up on the design wall…








These are the next series of images 

to appliqué onto the background.






Rusted Fabric Tips:



Finer needles such as 60 and 70 size 

work best for rusted fabric.









I am using monofilament thread in the needle.

I don't want my appliqué stitches to show.









I am using this brown, thin, Bottom Line thread 

in the bobbin.









I am using stitch number 26

I call it the chicken foot stitch.

It is a favorite for appliqué stitching.








You can barely see the appliqué stitching 

on these images…








I don't want the appliqué stitching to compete later on

with the machine quilting stitching.







CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment