Thursday, June 25, 2015

Photoshop Elements.....for Quilters



In the Photoshop Elements online class one of the lessons

involved lightening images.  Many of the students lightened 

up dark images of their quilts, but I chose the images below...



We recently visited our son.  

My husband took this picture of us:


You can kind of see my son and I, 

but our doggie Gunnr is only a silhouette...

This image probably would have ended up in the trash bin.






This lesson taught us to lighten the image...






...then saturate the color back into it in the correct places.


This is definitely useful for an image of a quilt that needs to 

be lightened and have the color corrected.




I took this photo out the back door...


There is a fog bank down below the back yard 

because the river runs through the fields.

I like this image, but decided to play with it 

to see what I could do with it.






This image has been lightened...






This image has the color saturated.




I took this image of a dandelion seed head years ago:


I knew this image had potential and saved it...






In class I cropped it...

Much better already, more focus on the dandelion






Then I lightened the seed head...






Then, just for FUN....I oversaturated it a bit.

I love the way the seed head sparkles and twinkles now and

I love the lime green grass in the background.

This is an image that could be printed out and quilted.


You can find out more about this online class here:






CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your summaries of your Photoshop Elements classes. If only I could figure out where to squeeze more time into my life right now, I'd sign up for the classes, too!

    I really like your fog and dandelion photos - real works of art.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete