Friday, August 14, 2015

Fantasy Fish....1



I need samples for a class I am

teaching in October...

Fantasy Fish



I spent the day in the Thread Shed

doing some class prep:



Fish Patterns






Fish Inspiration




I had more FUN pulling fabrics:


Pinks and Oranges






Blues






Black, White, Red






Earthy tones......Golds and Browns






Greens and Purples






Shiny Garment Fabrics




My first fish is in Orange and Pink Fabrics:


I took progress shots so you can see the fish come to life...































With Fantasy Fish...

you give yourself permission to use wild colors and patterns








The blue circle batik fabric makes great fish eyes





The fish is built on a teflon sheet:


I pressed the fish to fuse all the pieces in place...








The fish peels off the teflon as one unit fused together...








The fish is now ready to audition on background fabrics...








It was great FUN pulling background fabrics!








Background 1







Background 2







Background 3







Background 4






Background 5






Background 6







Background 7






Background 8






Background 9






Background 10






Background 11






Background 12



I think Backgrounds 9 and 12 might work.

I can decide that later...

I have lots more fish in lots more color ways to make!









CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic fish! Fabulous fish! i hate to eat fish, but I love to look at them!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glen,

    You gave me such a good laugh! I hate to eat fish too! Yuck!

    Thanks for your very honest and funny comment…..it made my day.

    LuAnn Kessi
    kessi@pioneer.net
    http://luannkessi.blogspot.com
    https://www.pinterest.com/luannkessi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute... love this. I agree with your choices for backgrounds and I also like background #1. What fun to see this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brilliant colors are captivating! Guess that's why I loved the movie "Finding Nemo"!!!! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made one of those fish years ago and it is still just the fish with no background, I need to pull it out and get it done. Yours is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fish!!! What a fun quilt they will make!

    ReplyDelete