Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Comfort Quilt For Ralph...



I have been doing some stitching and trying 

out new motifs and fillers on a 

practice sandwich



I have been getting way too much assistance

from Ralph, the Quilting Kitty...






This practice sandwich 

is one of my hand dyes...







It has been fun to try out background fills

with contrasting threads






Ralph spent so much time on this practice piece

that I decided to bind it and give it to 

Ralph as a comfort quilt






I stitched his name into the quilt...












Look closely...

you can see Ralph's hair

This piece started out 100% cotton...

it is now 80% cotton and 20% cat hair!







Ralph will spend lots of napping time

on his custom Comfort Quilt




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. Ralph seems to be enjoying his quilt but my guess is that as soon as you begin the next project he will be checking that out as well. I do miss having a cat in my life. I do have dogs but no more kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing up a Storm is so right...next quilt, Ralph will be claiming as his as well!! When I was house/pet sitting for my daughter during her deployment, her cat loved to supervise my sewing...swatted at the thread and needle a few times as well! Dogs don't appreciate the process quite as much as cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky kitty! I love all of your stitching. I need to spend some time playing with free motion. Thanks for the inspiration this morning! No playing inside for me again this morning. The asparagus patch needs more weeding and mulching before I move on to other areas. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the fur before you even mentioned it! LOL! A familiar sight in my house. Your quilting is beautiful - lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete